Last Modified on August 5, 2013
Howdy! Jeff here… I’ll try to write this in simple English instead of finding a standard/confusing boilerplate template somewhere. Hopefully writing this myself isn’t a bad idea.
- ERRORS WILL HAPPEN. Every attempt is made to present accurate and current information on this website. However, I’m sure occassionally there will be errors. Floods will close down trails. Road constrution will result in detours. Stores change their hours. And, since I’m human, I’ll simply make mistakes. If you find an error, please let me know via the contact page.
- USE COMMON SENSE. The trail maps are mapped by running/hiking/biking the trails with a Garmin. GPS isn’t 100% accurate. If the trail tells you to walk into a tree or over a cliff, use common sense and walk around the tree and please avoid the cliff. Some trails/routes might be mapped out during a race/event so roads are closed. Please watch for cars, trains, and other obvious dangers.
- AFFILIATED SITES. This website will link to and refer to other websites/companies. Since I don’t have any control over them, I can’t make any guarantees about their accuracy. I try my best to only link to valid/respectable resources. But, as previously stated, things change. If you find a linking error or have comments about external websites, please let me know via the contact page (And if they are being a bonehead, I’ll remove the link).
- INCOME. While I really have fun with this site, I’m pretty keen on making a few bucks. After all, running a website isn’t free. So… I’ve included some links to products where I’ll earn an affiliate/referral commission if you make a purchase. There might be some Pay Per Click ads where I’ll make a small commission if you click on them. And some businesses may have paid to sponsor this site. I obviously get paid when that happens. I endorse all my sponsors and I won’t just let anyone become a sponsor. If they start doing boneheaded things, I’ll ‘fire’ them and give their money back. I only promote businesses, products, or services that I have researched and think will be valuable to you.
If you run into a problem with a product/service/sponsor or have questions about this, please let me know via the contact page.
- BLOG COMMENTS. All blog comments are moderated so your comment may not show up right away. Give me a day or two to get to it. Once you’ve had a few comments approved, you won’t have to go through the moderation process anymore (but keep being nice). Like most WordPress websites, I use software to filter out “obvious” spam comments. Some legitimate comments might get filtered out. Sadly, this is an acceptable “error” since I don’t have time to sort through thousands of Viagra comments per day. Sorry in advance if you get wrongly filtered.
- INAPPROPRIATE CONTENT. Be nice. Otherwise your content (comments/photos/etc) will be deleted and you’ll be banned from the site.
- CONTACT INFO. Want to contact me? You’ll find out how on the contact page.
- Copying this one from another site… Seems important. I guess I’d be the company they speak of… Maybe?
NO WARRANTIES. COMPANY HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES. COMPANY IS MAKING THE SITE AVAILABLE “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. YOU ASSUME THE RISK OF ANY AND ALL DAMAGE OR LOSS FROM USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE OR THE SERVICE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, COMPANY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT. COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SITE OR THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE.
- MODIFICATIONS. I may revise this page from time to time. Check the Last Modified date at the top of the page.